by the sea

When my husband & I made the sea change just over four years ago it was a big life changing decision for us. We packed up our family of three into a truck & headed down the unknown path of moving to a new place & a new town. 
Settling in to our new way of life had it's ups & downs. With a toddler to keep entertained, with out the comfort of close friends & family around, & an early morning start for my husband so he could commute to his old job. We sometimes wondered if we had done the right thing. 
It took time. Time to settle. Four months into making our new house a home my husband found work much closer to home. This was a comfort to me, knowing he was close by. A new career path for him & finding out we were adding to our family that coming December meant more exciting times ahead.
We love the move we made. Less pollution, no peak hour traffic & a gorgeous environment to bring up our 2 girls. They love kicking off their shoes & running on the sand. No weekend is complete with out a visit to the beach.
Certainly the best place for us right now is by the sea.

9 comments:

  1. Looks INCREDIBLE and sounds like the perfect move x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ......AND we LOVE visiting!!! Although, some Sunday afternoons with the 'tourists' around is a bit like peak hour!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by, that was a really sweet comment :) I didn't think anyone had noticed! We're about to do something very similar to this, hence the absence, it's so overwhelming, I'm not sure where to begin sometimes. I can't wait though, and knowing it has worked out for you makes me feel lots better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds and looks so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story and pictures that have captured it all. So happy for you Sarah. I love the one of your feet on the pier! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes...you've just gotta 'be'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how I envy you!! Lucky ducks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...love photo number 3 especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An inspirational post, Sarah. I love how you took the plunge even though there were some uncertainties. And then your husband found work closer to home etc...things really do have a way of working out x

    ReplyDelete